Tuesday 11 July 2017

Am Not In A Competition With Anyone-- Actress Tolulope Oke (Photos)

Talented Nollywood actress/Producer Tolulope Oke was caught by one of our correspondent in an interview section and this is what she has to say about herself, career, movie industry and what she is up to.
Read below
1) Good day, could you please give us a brief overview of yourself.

ANSWER:  My name is Tolulope Oke, am a film producer and actor,am from ilobu-osun state from a Christian background. I studied sociology at the university of Lagos, i also studied Drama Art at Obafemi Awolowo university.

2) How did professional acting begin for you and how was the beginning?

ANSWER: It all started in 2005, and the first movie i feature in was Awure Eni produced my  Muydeen Oladapo

3) What inspired your drive to become an actor?

ANSWER: Its started from a when i was young, i had always wanted to be a news-caster, but later changed my mind and then go into acting because i have the zeal of expressing myself through acting.

4) Tell us about your training as an actor.

ANSWER: I was trained on the stage and doing live performance was part of the training too.

5) What is your view about talent and knowledge?

ANSWER: Talent is Gods given gift, knowledge is a craft and research to know more


6) How many movies have you acted in so far and kindly list some.

ANSWER: I have featured in couple of movies like Dazzling Mirage, Kurukuru,kosofe   Orindola, arewa Okunrin, jenifa's diary, Industreet, Eje,biala,
sunmisola, Alebu, zone222, ogede,ijoba Ominira,ijoba Osekan,Ayomi,isina, Araba,awuru. I have lost count tho.

7) What motivated you into being a producer?

ANSWER: I just feel is something I could do.

8) Your first movie produced, OMIRAN, enjoyed massive positive feedback, what brought about the story?

ANSWER: Omiran is not my first produced movie, I have produced 3 movies before Omiran. Omiran was my 4th production, I have produced Biala, Eje, alebumi and Omiran.
 Different element was put together for Omiran

9) How has the momentum been for you since the production of your first movie?

ANSWER: Momentum has been great.

10) Do you see yourself in competition with some persons in the industry?

ANSWER: Nope Nope Nope, Am in competition with my self... Am trying to become a better person cause that's all that really matters

11) As a fast growing producer, what are your aspirations?

ANSWER: I just wanna keep pushing to greater Height. It can only get better I think

12) Which directors would you love to work with anytime soon?

ANSWER: Any Good director, I love people with Good work ethics.

13) What's your take on the issues of piracy, funding and film marketing?

ANSWER: Piracy is killing our industry and i implore the government to kindly help us do something about it

14) Who are your role models in this chosen career?

ANSWER: Funke  Akindele for Her Hard work, Genevieve Nnaji for her simplicity, Rita Dominic her style, Mo abudu for her tenacity... This are women I have watched closely while growing up and am happy they are doing very well in their chosen career, Tope Alabi inspires me too, am glued to her genre of music too.

15) Do you see Nollywood growing to the level of Hollywood in ten years time?

ANSWER: well.... Everything is in our Hand, But you know Nigeria is not a well structured country so even if we try to put things in place in film industry it's practically may no yield a Good effort as what its ought to be.

16) words for your fans and aspiring filmmakers

ANSWER: To my fans out there(that's if I have much) thank you for your comment and critics,it actually fine tune US in a way, to those who are aspiring to join the film industry as writer, producer, actor , makeup, Costumier etc, Don't stop grinding hard and don't stop networking and Make God the center point of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also Like!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...