Tuesday 3 November 2015

I Was Really Shocked By Oliseh’s Invitation – Obafemi Martins Reveals

Obafemi Martins has reacted to his recent recall to the national team after two years absence.
Speaking to BBC sports, Super Eagles striker, Obafemi Martins, has revealed it was a bit of shock after he got coach Sunday Oliseh’s invite to the National team after a 2-year absence.

“It was a bit of a shock, but a nice shock. I’m very happy, because I have always worked hard, supported and respected all the players picked by the coaches.
I thank coach Oliseh for this great opportunity. I’m just looking forward to going out there and playing for Nigeria again.”
However, in an interview with Completesportnigeria.com, Oliseh disclosed that Obafemi Martins must earn his place in the starting line-up of the team. “Martins will offer us some other qualities in attack but first he must earn his place in the team.”
Oliseh also spoke about the home-based Eagles and expressed his delight with their qualification for next year’s African Nations Championship in Rwanda.
“I was so impressed with the team’s play in the first leg and though I was not with the team in the second leg, I was told they did brilliantly considering the hostility.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also Like!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...